You have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus or owned it for a year, that’s not the matter. In this post today, we are going to show you some easy steps to speed up and improve the performance of your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Although these two last-year Samsung’s flagships are still powerful, they can start slowing down the longer you use it. This tip will fix software lag as well as improve performance in general.
There are different ways to improve your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, but most of them are advanced hacks. The trick is very simple and all of you can do it. It just takes a few minutes.
How to Speed Up Your Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus
We’ll start by activating a developer options menu hidden by default in Settings, then you need to change three settings on the phone explained below. This process is completely safe and does not void your warranty. Simply follow the below steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone or pull down the notification bar and tap on the Settings icon (the gear-shaped button)
- Scroll down to the bottom of your phone and tap on About Phone
- From there, look for Build Number and tap on it 7 times. Once you see a ‘you are now a developer” message popup, the process is successful.
The hidden developer menu is now unlocked. Return to Settings, tap on it and then change these three settings.
- Scroll about halfway down till you see Windows Animation Scale option
- From there, continuously change Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale options down to 0.5x
By default, all are set at 1x. These settings will control animations on your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. It’s what makes your phone look prettier. Changing it down to 0.5x will cut down the time, animations as well as effects all in half, but Windows open faster, and your phone should now be buttery smooth.
You should note that some of these animations are what make your phone look the way it does, but cutting it down to 0 might cause a big impact. So, we recommend you to set 0.5x to get a perfect speed and visuals. To apply these changes, simply reboot your Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus. You’ll instantly feel better performance with every task you do.
Also read: How To Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy S9 And S9+
You can also use performance modes on your phone to get better performance. Although it could drain battery life, you’ll see the boost. Performance mode option will increase the responsiveness, turn up the brightness, as well as tweak other settings.
Here’s everything you should know about the Performance Mode.
- Optimized: Balance battery life, screen resolution for the daily use.
- Game: Enhance gaming experience
- Entertainment: Enjoy videos with ultra-high quality sound
- High Performance: Enable the highest quality display as well as performance settings.
Changing the animations is the first recommendation, and these three things will provide a better experience on your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Is it useful for your Samsung Galaxy? Let’s know in the comment below.