Have you ever troubled with saving email attachments on your iPhone/iPad device? It is obvious that you cannot save any email attachments directly to your iOS device without with the help of a third-party app. But now you do not need to worry about this when iOS 9 recently offers you a new feature that enables you to save email attachments to iCloud Drive. iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service from Apple Inc. launched in 2011. With 5GB of free storage, iCloud provides its users with means to store data such as documents, photos, and music, to share and send data to other users, and to manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen. In this article, we would like to show you the step-by-step instructions:
- Step 1: Go to Settings and tap on the iCloud section and choose iCloud Drive.
- Step 2: Log into your iCloud account.
- Step 3: As your iCloud Drive is enabled, just toggle the switch for Show on Home Screen ON.
- Step 4: Now open the Mail app and find an email with an attachment.
- Step 5: If the attachment hasn’t already downloaded, you just need to tap on the icon to download it.
- Step 6: Tap and hold on the attachment and then tap Save Attachment.
- Step 7: Now tap to choose a folder in iCloud Drive and tap Export to this location to save the file. Notice that if you hit Done, the file will not save.
That’s all for the instructions. It can’t be more perfect when you can now have a better way to deal with the email attachments on your iPhone/iPad device, your important email attachments will be stored in iCloud and secured from losing on one day. Just bear in mind that before you can save the email attachments to iCloud Drive, you need to enable the iCloud Drive app.