You are too bored with the iPhone default ringtone and really want to set hot songs as iPhone ringtones instead? Plus, it can be seen that the easy way to personalize your iPhone is to turn any song into a ringtone. However, this easy work is made complicated by Apple, they require you some skill of a computer engineer and to gain some insight into iTunes. So how can we manage this? Do not give up because in this tutorial we will walk you through how. Just follow step-by-step instructions below and you can turn your favorite songs in your iTunes library into a custom ringtone.
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your computer and then find a song that you want to use as a ringtone.
- Step 2: Right-click on the song and choose Get Info.
The Options tab appears, and there you will see Start and Stop. Now you will enter times at which you want the ringtone to start and stop. You have to do this because Apple’s maximum length for a ringtone must be within 30 seconds. Once completed, click on OK.
- Step 3: Create an AAC version of your song by right-clicking and choosing Create AAC Version.
- Step 4: Now right-click on your new AAC song clip and then choose Show in Finder. From this folder, right-click the song you just created and choose Get Info.
- Step 5: In the Get Info menu, under Name and Extension, change the extension from .m4a to .m4r and save your changes.
Now drag the file from the folder to your desktop.
- Step 6: Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. Choose the three dots next to your phone and tap on Tones.
- Step 7: Drag the tone from the desktop to the Tones section.
- Step 8: Tap on the iPhone icon (on the right-hand side of iTunes) and head to Tones > Sync Tones > Selected Tones > and choose your tone and sync your device.
- Step 9: Now in your phone, go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtones and choose your new ringtone from the list.
That’s all. You can repeat the same process to turn any song in your iTunes library into a custom ringtone.