You will receive a “Low Disk Space” notifications from your Windows computer whenever any disk of your PC has less than 200 MB of free space. If you feel this notification annoyed, here’s how you can disable the notifications, even when you don’t want to free up space.
What You Should Know
If this warning is for your system drive, you need to pay attention and free up space on it. Your computer won’t function well if the system drive (C) gets full. You should take more free space, though nobody can ensure exactly how much. Many apps might get crash if your drive is full. But you can see this warning from the non-system drives in some cases. If your data drive is full and you don’t want to see the warning, read the steps below to disable these notifications.
How To Disable “Low Disk Space” Warning Using Registry
Currently, there is only one way to disable the low disk space warnings that is changing a setting in the Registry. It is a system change, so you will not be warned about the low disk space on any drive after changing it. This registry tips can be applied to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 version.
The Registry Editor is a pretty powerful tool and if you misuse, it can make your system work incorrectly or even stop working. But this is a simple trick, and as long as you follow the instructions below carefully, there won’t be any problems. And remember to back up the Registry file before you make changes to it.
- The first step is to launch the Registry Editor by clicking on the Start menu, typing “regedit” into the search box, and hitting Enter. Select “Yes” to allow the Registry Editor permission to make changes to your Windows computer.
- Now, use the left sidebar to navigate to the following key. If your computer is running Windows 10, you can also copy and paste the patch into the Registry Editor’s address bar.
- Select the Policies key in the left pane, right-click on any blank area in the right pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the NoLowDiscSpaceChecks value
- Next, double-click on the NoLowDiscSpaceChecksvalue you created. Next, enter 1 into the Value Data box, and click on “OK”.
- Now, close the Registry Editor window and restart your computer to apply the change
If you want to enable the low disk space warnings again, simply go back to this location in the Windows Registry, right-click on the NoLowDiscSpaceChecks value and choose “Delete” to remove it. Restart your PC to apply the change afterward.
Download One-Click Registry Hack
If you feel editing the Registry yourself difficult, then there are the registry hacks available for you to use. The first hack disables the low disk space checks while the second one will enable them again. They are included in the below file. All you need is double-clicking on the favorite one to add the information to your registry.
You will have to restart your computer so that the change takes effect after running one of the above files.
These hacks will only adjust the same value as we mentioned. The “Disable Low Disk Space Checks” file will add the NoLowDiscSpaceChecks value to the Registry and automatically set a value of 1, while the “Enable Low Disc Space Checks” file removes the value from the Registry.