If you own a non-jailbroken iOS device, you might not be able to make any effective changes which help increase the functionality of your device and customize its interfaces as well. However, sometimes there are exceptions, such as we would be able to hide iOS dock with the help of a little wallpaper rendering bug that seems to exist within certain versions of iOS.
Now, we will help you get rid of it with the following trick, which works on non-jailbroken iOS 9.3.x and even jailbroken iOS 9.1 devices and probably other previous versions of iOS.
- Step 1: First of all, you need to download the required image on your iPhone/iPad, which will be used as a wallpaper on the iOS device in question.
- Step 2: Save the image to your Camera Roll. You can do this by tapping and holding on it. From the pop-up menu, choose Save.
- Step 3: Launch the Photos app, find the wallpaper you just saved.
- Step 4: Open the image, tap the Share button and then choose Use as Wallpaper.
- Step 5: Now choose Still and set the wallpaper as your home screen background by clicking on Set Home Screen.
- Step 6: Close the Photos app and get back to your home screen. The Dock on your iOS device now appears invisible and transparent. To bring the dock back, you just need to choose another wallpaper.
Although these are not considerable changes compared to the ability to customize when the device is jailbroken, it certainly makes us feel a little bit excited about changing somewhat traditional interface of iOS. We recommend you not to get too attached to this trick since Apple will almost certainly take out of this in the next versions of iOS. However, it can’t be more perfect when you can hide the dock on your iPhone device without jailbreaking.