The good news for Xiaomi Mi5 users: CyanogenMod has officially rolled out the first build of Android 7.1.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi5. So, Mi5 users can now install the update package via OTA. In case you are yet to receive the OTA, just follow these steps to manually update your Mi5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS.
Before getting started, here’re the points to note:
- Your smartphone shouldn’t be rooted or tweaked in any other apps and run on stock firmware.
- Create a full backup of your phone in case of any risk.
- You need to have a computer with Android SDK tool and the Xiaomi USB driver installed.
- It’s compulsory to charge your phone battery above 50%.
- Turn on USB debugging on your device by delving to Settings > Developer Options. (You can activate the Developer Options by heading to Settings > About Device and tap 7 times on Build number).
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi5
- Use the OTA
Step 1: First and foremost, you will need to download the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update file to your computer, and save it on your desktop.
Step 2: Turn on your smartphone and pair it with your computer using a USB- Type C cable, and then move the OTA file you just downloaded to your phone.
Step 3: On your phone, head to Settings > About phone > Software version > Software Update to launch the Updater app (from).
Step 4: Tap Choose Update package, and then choose the OTA file.
Step 5: You should wait until the update process is finished.
- Manage the Fastboot file
Step 1: You need to download the Fastboot ROM package to your computer and save it your desktop.
Step 2: Extract that file using WinRAR or 7zip.
Step 3: You are now required to power off your Xiaomi Mi5.
Step 4: Now, enter fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power button at the same time for a few seconds.
Step 5: Pair your phone with your computer using a USB Type C cable.
Step 6: Launch the unzipped folder of the update package, and run the flas_all executable file.
Step 7: You should wait until the update process is finished, and then restart your device.
That’s it. You are all done. Got any questions about installing Android 7.1.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi5? Let us know in the comments and we will be happy to help you out.
Like this post? Share it!