WatchOS 2 was officially released in September 2015. If you are using an Apple Watch, make sure your wearable device is running WatchOS 2, as it includes many exciting features and app improvements such as support for native third-party apps, faster performance and better battery life.
WatchOS 2 also comes with new watch faces, a Time Travel feature and a Nightstand mode. If your Apple Watch is not running Apple’s latest mobile software, you can follow the steps below:
How to install WatchOS 2.0 on your Apple Watch
- Step 1: Make sure your iPhone is now connected to Wi-Fi and hits at least 50% charged (ensure that your iPhone is running iOS 9 or higher before moving forward to the next step).
- Step 2: Select the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Step 3: Select General
- Step 4: Tap Software Update. Make sure the update hits your region. Otherwise, your Apple Watch will show your software is up to date.
- Step 5: If your device is ready for update, tap Download and Install
- Step 6: A new screen will appear and ask for your passcode. Enter it on your iPhone
- Step 7: Select Yes to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Step 8: Choose Install on both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Make sure you have your charger by your side during the installation process.