Mac owners, do you want to replace the bland iTunes icon on your dock with something more appealing? How about if you could change the icon on your dock to a picture of the album artwork of the song you’re currently playing? Well there’s an app for that. Here’s a step by step guide on how to do just that.
1. First go to this url to download DockArt (it’s free): http://www.splook.com/Software/DockArt.html
2. Unzip it and you’ll see a DockArt.bundle file inside.
3. Open a new Finder window (Command+N) and navigate to the following folder: ~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-Ins/
4. Drag the DockArt.bundle file into the plug-ins folder.
5. Open iTunes and play a song to see the album art of the song you’re playing.
You can also make additional changes, such as changing the icon from a square to a round icon or tilting the icon. To do so, on iTunes go to View > Visualizer > Dock Art and put a check mark on it. Then go back there again and select Options to get to the DockArt settings to customize your dock icon.