The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s offer the ability to shoot edit and share 4K video. For those not in the know, 4K/UHD (ultra-high-definition) provides over eight million pixels and a pixel density of 282ppi. That’s over four times the pixel density of a standard Full HD display. That means 4K video takes up a lot more storage space on your device, as the 4K video at 30fps eats up 375MB of space. If you have a 16 GB iPhone, you can turn off 4K video or only turn it on when you really need it.
1. How to turn on 4K video
4K video recording consumes up to 1GB of storage every three minutes, which is a lot. One of the annoying things about iPhone is that it uses internal flash memory that cannot be expanded. If you want to shoot 4K video with a 16GB iPhone, we suggest that you transfer it to a Mac or Windows PC. Here is how to turn on 4K video.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your Home screen
- Step 2: Tap on Photos & Camera option.
- Step 3: Tap Record Video in the Camera section
- Step 4: Tap 4K HD at 30fps.
If you want to turn off 4K video, repeat the process, and tap 1080p HD at 30fps.
2. How to trim 4K video
You easily trim 4K video the same way you trim any video on your iPhone. Accordingly, you can cut your 4K video within the Camera or Photos app. Here is how you do it.
- Step 1: Select the video you wish to trim. You can tap the thumbnail in your Camera app, or go into Video albums and look for it.
- Step 2: Once it is done, tap Edit located at the bottom of the Camera app or at the top right of the Photos app.
- Step 3: Tap on the left or right edge of the video scrubber to bring up the yellow trim handles.
- Step 4: Drag the trim handles to the points at which you want to the video to begin and end.
- Step 5: Tap Trim, then tap Save as New Clip to save the video as a new name.
3. How to share 4K video from your iPhone 6s
You can share your 4K video with your friends the same way you share any other video on your iPhone. Note that not all Apple’s services support 4K video. Luckily, YouTube now lets you upload your 4K video to your channel so you can share with your friends. Here is how you do it.
- Step 1: Go to the video you want to share, and tap the Share button.
- Step 2: Tap the 4K video you wish to share.
- Step 3: Tap the YouTube icon.
That’s how you can activate, trim and share your 4K video on your iPhone 6s. 4K is expected to be the next standard for smartphones, TV or tablets, so you should get used to how it works.
Will you be using this feature on your iPhone? Share with us in the comment section below.