Abraham Masri (known as @cheesecakeufo on Twitter) whom some of you might know and released the jailbreak tool for iOS 10.2.1 has just introduced a new jailbreak tweak, called Houdini.
But according to the developer, Houdini is not an actual jailbreak tweak. It’s a more customization tool that allows you to bring some jailbreak functionalities onto your non-jailbroken iPhone.
It’s far from being a jailbreak as there is no Cydia to access the BigBoss repository in order to install jailbreak tweaks or third-party apps. But you can still be able to add Cydia sources and then install themes on your device.
Here’s the list of features in Houdini app.
- Change the app’s icon of apps installed from the App Store
- Hide or rename your apps
- Add Cydia sources to install themes
- Clean all apps cache
- Change resolution of your device display
- Customize your passcode keypad
- Add different colors or resize icon badges
- Theme for Control Center icons and sliders
- Customize the Music Control icons
And there are more features to come in this app
How to Download & Install Houdini
- First, click on hereto download the Houdini.ipa file (or the mirror link)
- You will now have to download Cydia Impactor on your computer. Get it from this page.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into the computer
- Launch Cydia Impactor and drag & drop the downloaded IPA file into it
- You will now be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Just enter them to continue the process
The Houdini app will now start installing on your iOS device. Once done, you will see its icon on your home screen. But don’t open it as there is one more step you need to complete.
Launch Settings app > tap on General > Profiles & Device Management. From there, find the certificate with your email address and tap on Trust. Once done, back to your home screen and launch the Houdini app. Next, press the “Start” button to start the process.
Houdini will now go through different stages from escaping sandbox to the final usable screen.
You will now see two main shortcuts on the screen, including clean system and respring, but you can start by tapping on Sources. After that, you can install customizable themes and tweak onto your iOS device. There will be three various options: Tweaks, Themes, and Utilities. Now, make the changes to your desire.
Once you choose your favorite theme, tap on the Apply button. After the download process is completed, return to the main screen and respiring your phone. Your phone will now be changed.
In case you are not able to open Houdini and the screen appears an error message, you need to follow the on-screen instruction. To fix the issue, press and hold the Power + Home buttons for around 5 seconds to reboot your phone. After that, try to launch it again.
However, the error message only appears if you run the Houdini app on the incompatible iPhone/ iPad. You should keep in mind that this app only works with 64-bit devices and runs from iOS 10 to 10.3.2.