Samsung has officially rolled out the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update to Turkish users of the 2nd gen Samsung Galaxy A7 devices, successor to the Galaxy A7 (2015). The Galaxy A7 (2016) didn’t receive Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update at its launch, it has been running on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop so far. If you are using the new Galaxy A7 SM-A710F (2016), you can update your device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your phone. If your phone hasn’t received the update, don’t worry, you can manually flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A7 SM-A710F sold in Turkey by using Odin flashing tool.
Before getting started:
- Make sure that your device’s model number is SM-A710F by heading to Settings > About Phone.
- Download Odin from here and extract it.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Download links for SM-A710F Marshmallow Firmware. After downloading, extract the folder to obtain the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Settings > Developer Options. (You can activate the Developer Options by heading to Settings > About Device and tap 7 times on Build number).
- Make a backup of your important data.
- Ensure your phone battery is at least 50% charged.
How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A710F sold in Turkey
Step 1: Extract the Odin.zip file on your PC and then run Odin 3.10.7 exe as admin.
Step 2: You are prompted to power off your phone.
Step 3: Boot your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time for some seconds. Do not release the keys until the warning screen show up with the yellow exclamation mark. Now, release the keys and press the Volume Up key to confirm the Download Mode boot.
Step 4: Use the USB cable to pair your phone with the PC.
Step 5: You should see the ID:COM port on Odin turn blue. In the log box, there is a message that reads Added!
Step 6: Choose the AP button in Odin. Head over to the folder containing the firmware file and add the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
Step 7: Now, press Start to begin the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update process that can take some minutes.
Step 8: Once done, you should see the PASS alert. Your phone will automatically reboot to apply changes. Note that first reboot may take around 5-10 minutes.
That’s all about how to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A710F. If you have any questions, sound off in the comments section below.