If you have a Mac, you don’t just have to use your Fitbit on iPhone/iPad. Instead, you can easily set up and manage all your Fitbit fitness trackers on your Mac computer. It includes both a Fitbit Connect app and a web portal, which can help you set up directly from your Mac!
Steps to download Fitbit Connect app for Mac
Fitbit has its own app, known as Fitbit Connect, which lets you pair as well as sync your Fitbit tracker with your Mac through a handy wireless USB dongle. To do so:
- First, you need to download the free Fitbit Connect app. Get it from here
- Click on Download for Mac.
- Now, open a new Finder
- Click on Downloads folder from the menu.
- Double click on Fitbit disk image You can see its name start with “FibtitConnect_Mac…“
- Continue to double click on Fitbit installer It’s a cardboard box, called “Install Fitbit Connect.pkg.”
- Click on Continue on the page of the installation wizard.
- Agree to the software license.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on Continue when choosing the drive to save the Fitbit Connect
- Click on Install.
- Enter your password when prompted.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the Fitbit Connect app! Simply open it as you do with any other application. You can now be able to access your Dashboard, join challenges, and do other things right from your Mac.
Steps to pair a Fitbit tracker with Mac
Once you have downloaded the Fitbit Connect app, you can then pair your Fitbit with your Mac device. All you need is using the wireless dongle accompanying with your Fitbit’s box, and plugging it into an available USB port before starting the setup process. It seems to be a thumb drive, but in fact, it’s a tip.
This process is straight from installing Fitbit Connect, so it’s not difficult. Here is how you can do it:
- Click on Set Up a New Fitbit Device
- Choose New to Fitbit.
- Type in your email address to create a password for tracking more securely.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Now, enter your information in the “Tell us about yourself” page.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Select Fitbit tracker you’re setting up.
- Click on Next to bypass the information screens.
- Do the requested action. You can enter the code appearing on your Fitbit display or tap your Flex until it vibrates.
- Click on Nextor I felt it buzz option, depending on your model.
- Click on Next on the confirmation screen.
- Finally, go to the Dashboard.
That’s all you need! Your Fitbit tracker is now successfully paired with your Mac. All you need then is to sign up for a Fitbit account. Since two birds are dead, so you only toss one stone.
One more thing you should keep in mind that you need to plug the dongle in all the time if you want the tracker to always sync with your Mac.