There is no doubt as WhatsApp is one of the most popular chatting messages over the entire platforms. The app allows you to make calls, create new group chats, send messages, photos, and any other files. However, you have just moved from Android to iOS, and you don’t want to lose any message on the WhatsApp, what would you do? Here are 2 common ways that you can follow to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS.
Transfer Whatsapp Messages Using Emails:
The first way you can try is transferring = WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by using Email Chat option.
- First, launch Whatsapp on your Android device.
- Then head to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Chat Settings’.
- Now, tap on ‘Email Chat’ from the list.
- Choose the Whatsapp conversation you want to transfer.
- Now, a “attaching media will generate a larger email message” window will pop up on the screen.
- Tap on ‘Attach Media’ or ‘Without Media’ options.
- Now add in your email and tap ‘Send’.
- Finally open your email on your iPhone to access all messages that have been transferred from your Android .
This method will take times as you have to email messages from each contact at a time. So, if you want to transfer the whole messaging history it’s not a good idea, you should follow the second method.
Also read: Here is How to Use Android with Your Mac
Transfer WhatsApp Messages Through Backup
- First, launch WhatsApp and backup your messages from your Android device.
- Once the process is complete, go to ‘Settings’ on WhatsApp.
- Now tap on ‘Chat Settings’.
- Select ‘Chat Backup’ from the menu.
- Now, download and install WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Log in the registered phone number on the WhatsApp installed on your iOS device.
- Now a pop-up window will prompt you that there is backup of messages.
- Select ‘Restore’.
- All of the messages on your Android device will now be transferred to your iPhone.
- Wait for the process to finish.
After you complete all above steps, the WhatsApp messages will now appear on your iPhone /iPad.